It’s Recipe week here at Debbie Does Creations. I am preparing for our huge Winter Blues party coming up this Saturday. Can’t wait to tell y’all all about it Tomorrow I am having a special link up party for you to share your favorite recipes that you have.
Thursday-My favorite bread
Friday-Recipe Swap (Link up your favorite recipes)
Grab the button for Friday:
Betty Crocker Banana Bread
I’ve had many different types of banana bread and this is by far mine and the hubs favorite banana bread. Good ole’ Betty Crocker!
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- stick of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1/2 buttermilk (*has to be buttermilk!!!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup of chopped nuts if desired. (Hubs and I prefer walnuts in this bread)
- Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2×4 1/2×2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
I hope you all enjoy this banana bread as much as we do. It’s by far the best!